- Internally buffered guar system
- Rapid hydration in base fluids at neutral pH
- Suitable in fresh and brine source waters
- Viscosity can be dramatically increased with the addition of a metal cross-linker
- Typical loading: 3 – 10 L/m3 (gpt)
It is used in completion fluids for linear gel and cross-linked systems. The gellant contains a low pH buffer and no additional buffer is necessary for base fluids that require pH adjustments. ArkVisc WG-2009 also contains a surfactant to provide rapid dispersion of the polymer and is suitable for use in fresh and brine source waters. The viscosity of base gels containing ArkVisc WG-2009 can be raised substantially with the addition of a metal cross-linker to help suspend proppant during a fracturing treatment.
|Colour||Light brown viscous liquid|
|Flash Point||>93.3oC (200oF)|